Job Announcement: Training Coordinator/Lead Instructor
The Alaska Laborers Training School is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to join our staff as a Training Coordinator at the Anchorage School. Qualified individuals must possess substantial experience as a Laborer and have worked in a variety of capacities in Alaska. A strong background in Civil Work is preferred. The following are highlights of the position’s specifications. Closing date for the job is October 10, 2014. Interested parties should submit a resume and letter of interest to:
Position: Full Time Training Coordinator
Primary Responsibilities: The scheduling and delivery of training, training materials, products and services in subject matter specific to Construction Craft Laborers.
- Possess strong communication skills to effectively and efficiently deliver specific information to construction personnel.
- Coordinate and conduct basic and advanced technical training for apprentices and journey level workers.
- Assist in designing training programs that meet the needs of the Alaska Workforce.
- Capable of working independently, within a team, and with outside subject matter experts.
- Conduct monitoring of students to ensure a thorough understanding of information as well as proctor both written and performance-based testing.
- Capable of personally demonstrating proper use, safety, and maintenance of assorted tools and equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of construction experience or completion of an Apprenticeship program and 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use
- Civil experience & equipment operation
- Must possess and maintain a valid Alaska driver’s license
2014-2015 Training Schedule
The 2014-2015 Training School schedule has been finalized and can be downloaded here for your convenience.